In order to become a CNA and take CNA classes in Georgia you must have your high school diploma or GED. You also need to complete a state approved training course that has a minimum of 85 hours of classroom and clinical training. Once you have completed the training course you must take the Georgia CNA skills and competency exam. After you are certified you need to work at least 8 hours in a 24 month period in order to renew your certification. You must renew this certification every 2 years. These courses prepare students with the knowledge, skills and abilities essential for the provision of basic care to residents and patients in health care settings.
Some available CNA Classes in Georgia are:
- Mentee Medical Institute Nursing Assistant Program – Lawrenceville
848 James Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30042
Phone: (770) 931-5020
- Covenant CNA School, 1 Baltimore Place Northwest, Atlanta Phone: (404) 733-5491
- Our Lady of Perpetual Help, 760 Pollard Blvd SW, Atlanta Phone: (404) 688-9515>
- Brighton Gardens of Buckhead, 3088 Lenox Road, Atlanta, Phone: (404) 846-8335
- Atlanta Technical College Nurse Assistant Program ,1560 Metropolitan Parkway SW Atlanta, GA 30310 Phone: (404) 225-4400
CNA classes in Georgia have a respectable placing in the educational system with a 97% success rate in job placement after program completion..